My name is Geovanni Espinosa and I want you to live your healthiest life.
People have affectionately called me Dr. Geo for decades, thus the name stuck.
I am also a son of Cuban parents, born and raised in the Bronx, New York, and most importantly, a husband and proud dad of three amazing kids. I enjoy spending as much time with them as possible.
When not working with patients or researching, I practice strength training and the Israeli martial art, Krav Maga. Occasionally, I do Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu as well. I’m a fan of mixed martial arts and combat sports.
- Prostate Cancer (all stages, PSA recurrence after medical treatment, holistic interventions, active surveillance, ADT, hormone therapy)
- Rising PSA. Sometimes it’s related to a disease. Other times it’s not. I like to figure that out Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), also known as an enlarged prostate
- Prostatitis (The chronic type that’s a big pain in the… pelvis)
Male Sexual Dysfunction (Everything from ejaculating too soon to inability to rise to the occasion)
- Penis, testicular and scrotal pain Urinary frequency, urgency, and nocturia (nighttime urination.)
- Overactive Bladder (urinary frequency from a misbehaving bladder. Women too)
- Interstitial Cystitis (extreme bladder pain sometimes accompanied with excess urination)
- Board Certified Naturopathic Doctor (ND) – Connecticut license (000392)
- Board Certified Acupuncturist – New York license (0033481)
- Certified Functional Medicine Doctor – The Institute of Functional Medicine
- Certified Nutrition Specialist – The Board for Nutrition Specialists
- Professional Member of the American Urological Association (AUA)
- Professional Member of Oncological Association for Naturopathic Physician’s (OncANP)
Dr. Geo Espinosa is a Naturopathic Functional Medicine doctor recognized as an authority in Urology and Men’s health.
Dr. Geo is the first naturopathic physician to complete an internship, residency, and fellowship in urology at a conventional medical institution at Columbia University in New York.
As an avid researcher and writer, Dr. Geo has authored numerous scientific papers and books, including co-editing the Integrative Sexual Health book, and author of the best selling prostate cancer book: Thrive, Don’t Only Survive
Dr. Geo is co-founder, Chief Medical Officer (CMO), and formulator of advanced nutraceutical formulas at XY Wellness, LLC.
He lectures internationally on the application of science-based holistic treatments for urological conditions.
In his free time, Dr. Geo enjoys delivering content on his popular website, DrGeo.com, spending time with his wife and three kids, reading, strength training, and practicing martial arts.
I am serious about transparency.
Here I disclose companies I am financially connected with and dietary supplement formulas where I am either co-owner or earn royalties from.
Cysto Renew – a synergistic bladder health formula to restore bladder function.
XYVGGR – a blend of botanicals and nutrients to support vitality, energy, and sexual health for men.
XY Wellness, LLC – I am a co-founder and Chief Medical Officer
No. I am a Naturopathic Functional Medicine (NFM) doctor with a specialized focus in urology.
I love urologists and admire the good work they do for patients. I have had (and still have) the absolute pleasure of working with urologists.
Here’s the difference between urologists and NFM doctors specializing in urology ( like me).
- Urologists treat urological diseases. I treat urological diseases by building health.
- Urologists focus form the waist down. I focus on the whole body and how it interacts with urological systems
- Urologists help people by treating urological organs. I treat urological organs by treating people.
- Partner with patients in identifying and treating the cause of their disease, not just mask symptoms.
- Listen carefully, a thorough physical exam, and the right labs can tell you the root cause of the health problem.
- All organ systems are connected in a web-like network, and disease of one organ system is often associated with another.
- Botanicals, nutrition, and holistic methods are powerful tools in healing chronic disease and optimizing human performance.
- Pharmaceutical drugs and medical procedures are necessary and suggested in specific circumstances.
- Determine and address the patient’s individual and genetic needs
- The clinical approach combines knowledge of scientific findings from peer-reviewed journals, basic sciences, and clinical experience.
222 East 41st Street. Between 2nd and 3rd Avenue, 12th floor.
Email Precious Sherman and she will schedule and inform you of everything you need to bring to your visit.
- Phone: 646.490.0536
- Email: Precious@drgeo.com (the best method of making an appointment as our phone system is frequently tied with callers)