So you have prostate cancer. Now what? Before you choose a treatment, read the tips below.
10 tips for choosing a treatment for prostate cancer
1) Take a deep breath (or two), and don’t panic. You need to be emotionally stable to make the best treatment choice for yourself.
2) Don’t rush. Your treatment choice will be a life changing decision. You have time.
3) Do your homework. See at least three physician’s before choosing a treatment.
4) Take good notes. Better yet, bring along your spouse or any good note-taker.
5) Do not tape-record the medical visit. Doctors feel funny about this, even if they say it’s OK and have nothing to hide.
6) Don’t feel pressured by anyone to rush or choose a treatment.
7) Listen to your family carefully. They love you, I know. But all they hear is the “C-word,” not prostate cancer. It’s easy for them to think, “Let’s take it out.” Maybe surgery is your best option, maybe it’s not.
8) Ask your doctor whether you are a candidate for Active Surveillance. Most diagnosed prostate cancer is low-grade, which makes active surveillance a viable approach.
9) Keep a good electronic record of your prostate cancer history, including your PSA history. Make it easy to open and print the documents as needed.
10) Hire Dr. Geo as your Prostate Cancer Strategist. He will make the process simpler and clearer for you.
Dr. Geo as your Prostate Cancer Strategist
- Geo is a prostate cancer specialist with over ten years of experience.
- He is obsessed with staying up-to-date on cutting-edge prostate cancer research.
- He attends the annual American Urological Association meetings on prostate cancer.
- He is invited to speak internationally on natural interventions for prostate cancer.
- With Dr. Geo, you will know if doing nothing (or Active Surveillance) is best for you.
- If you need medical treatment, he knows all the main players and can facilitate a visit.
- Best of all, he doesn’t do any of the medical treatments for prostate cancer. In other words, the recommendations are 100% objective and bias-free.
- An organized health summary
- A strategic action plan
- Facilitated appointments with treatment experts
- A customized anti-cancer lifestyle protocol
Fee: $400 (USD).
You may consult in person, by Skype, or by phone.
New patients are welcomed for appointments.
To make an appointment, please call 917.209.6641 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and my assistant Erica will contact you set you up for an appointment.
Note: With so many emails he cannot promise a timely response.