Eating (with or without cancer): 12 Simple Rules
Eating right hard isn’t it? The best foods are not quite as appetizing or just not readily accessible.
Well, after 10 years of deep research on the best “Diet,” (a term I abhor) and sifting through hundreds of scientific papers, reading all the diet books from Atkins to Zone, I have compiled these 12 simple rules for exceptional eating.
These rules apply to everyone, particularly those combating cancer.
Beyond dieting, these 12 eating rules should rid your psyche of the old useless way of thinking (i.e. calorie counting) and adopting a new way of thinking – eating real food
12 Simple Rules to exceptional eating.
- Do not eat ANY food with guilt, ie. enjoy the darn cookie every now and then
- If your grandmother does not or would not recognize the food, it’s probably NOT A FOOD.
- Spice it up. Spices are therapeutic and just taste good. Rosemary, garlic, thyme, turmeric, oregano are all good. Added to food – even your omelet.
- If the food takes a long time to spoil or it doesn’t spoil, it’s not good for you. All good food spoils within a relatively short time.
- If the ingredients list is more than 4 unpronounceable words, it’s probably JUNK. Best foods have just one word as an ingredient, e.g. broccoli
- Limit sugars, fruit juices and white flour foods as much as Godly possible. Yes fruit juice too. It’s only marginally better than soda. Very few exceptions.
- If eating MEATS, no problem. Meat consumption is not the evil food it has been made out to be. Just don’t overcook. Best if the animal source was eating their natural diet before it ended up on your plate. e.g. Cattle should eat grass not corn or grains. Chickens eat worms.
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of CLEAN water a day. If eating lots of fruits and vegetables, only 4 to 6 cups a day is needed. Tea also counts.
- Portion control – is OK to leave food on your plate – don’t tell your mother I said that.
- Eat mostly plants, especially greens. They are filled with tons of plant chemicals that are more anti-carcinogenic. Eat the DIRTY DOZEN organically.
- Exclude diets of exclusion; low-fat this, low-carb that, diet this, low sugar that. If you are going to have ice cream, have the real thing. See rule #1.
- Buy foods from LOCAL FARMS or FARMERS MARKETS (even if it’s not labeled organic) first, then health food stores.
Good books to read ( by no means is this list complete):
In Defense of Food – An Eater’s Manifesto by Micheal Pollan
Anti-Cancer – a new way of life by David Servan-Schreibe
If you find this information valuable please share with friends and family.
Make it a remarkable day.
Tagged 12 simple rules to eating for Prostate Cancer, 12 simple rules to eating with cancer, Dr. Geo's 12 simple rules to eating