Dr. Geo’s 12 easy steps to eating healthy
This morning at a parent function at my daughters school, a group of daddy’s were hanging around talking about how difficult and confusing it is to eat healthy. On my way back I thought about this and thought they were right. Diets almost all the times confuse people and are unsustainable.Â I figured I’d post these 12 easy ways to eat healthy and hope to demystify some of the confusion. Bon Appetit!
- Don’t eat ANY food with guilt
- If your grandmother doesn’t or wouldn’t recognize the food, it’s probably NOT A FOOD.
- If insects or bugs would not eat it, it’s probably not good for you
- If the food takes a long time to spoil or it doesn’t spoil, it’s not the best for you.
- If the ingredients list is more than 4 unpronounceable words, it is probably JUNK. Best foods have just one word as an ingredient, e.g. broccoli, tomatoes, etc.
- Limit ALL sugars, fruit juices and white flour as much as possible
- If eating anything that had a face and a heart beat, make sure they ate their natural diet e.g. Cattle eat grass and hay NOT corn or grains.
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of CLEAN water a day.
- Portion control â€“ it’s OK to leave food on your plate â€“ your mom will never know.
- Eat some kind of GREEN food with every meal â€“ it helps with digestion, its loaded with nutrients and important plant chemicals – some even fight cancer.
- Forget diets of exclusion â€“ low-fat this, low-carb that, low- sugar the other. If you are going to have ice cream, have the real thing. The fake stuff is more damaging.
- Buy and eat foods from LOCAL FARMS, FARMERS MARKETS, HEALTH FOOD STORES and REGULAR MARKETSâ€“ in that order.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.