Currently welcoming new patients!
Or you can call 646.490.0536
Dr. Geo specializes in treating urological and male conditions with naturopathic medicine, functional medicine, and acupuncture.
Conditions Dr. Geo Specializes in:
Urologic Cancers: Prostate cancer and bladder cancer
Urologic non-cancer conditions: Chronic prostatitis, interstitial cystitis and painful bladder syndrome, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), erectile dysfunction (ED), premature ejaculation, penis & testicular pain, chronic pelvic pain, urinary incontinence (for men after prostate cancer surgery), male infertility, and other forms of chronic pain.
Prostate Cancer Services:
- Prostate cancer surgery recovery (erectile dysfunction and urinary incontinence)
- Urinary and Penile rehabilitation after surgery
- Hormone therapy side-effect prevention and treatment
- Pre- and post-prostate surgery care with integrative medicine
- CaPLESS method consultation for men on Active Surveillance
- PSA rise (prostate cancer recurrence) after prostate cancer treatment with natural methods
- Prostate cancer strategist (LINK) for men newly diagnosed
Aging Well, Optimize performance, Prevent disease
Aging is normal. Getting old is not.
Dr. Geo specializes in male successful aging and performance optimization.
- Cancer risk reduction.
- Live better after prostate cancer.
- Improve cardiovascular health.
- Discover your genetic risks for disease
- Reduce pain.
- Improve energy and vitality.
- Practical and sustainable lifestyle medicine.
- Maximize brain health and Alzheimer’s prevention.
- Pain reduction.
- Optimize sexual health
Dr. Geo clinically sees athletes for nutrition, USADA approved nutraceuticals and acupuncture for sports-related injuries. On this end, Dr. Geo specializes in treating Mix Martial Art (MMA) and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu fighters. Dr. Geo is a regular guest on the sports medicine show on SiriusXM, channel 110.
What is Acupuncture?
The science and art of acupuncture involves inserting needles into specific points along the meridians (channels) of the body. Acupuncture is a branch of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), which originated in China over 5000 years ago.
Acupuncture has been shown to help with:
- Pelvic pain (interstitial cystitis, prostatitis, prostadynia, testicular pain, penis pain)
- Male sexual dysfunction (including premature ejaculation)
- Back pain
- Arthritic pain
- Sports-related injuries
- Hot flashes in men during hormone therapy for prostate cancer
What should you expect from your initial visit?
- 90-minute face-to-face
- A physical exam
- Measurement of body fat composition
- Measurement of your hip-to-waist ratio
- Review of your completed intake form, medical history, current and past lab tests
- Review of medications taken to avoid unwanted interactions with nutritional recommendations
- Review and optimize your dietary supplements regimen
- Baseline assessment of your overall health and nutritional status
- Dr. Geo will develop a customized lifestyle and nutritional strategy
How do follow-up visits work?
The first follow-up visit is considered an extension of the initial visit and it’s also 90-minutes.
Follow-up visits thereafter are scheduled every three months for the first year (four times per year).
The average follow-up consultation is 45 minutes, although this can vary depending on your personal health needs and goals.
After one year, Dr. Geo makes an assessment of your health progress.
NOTE: Clinical visits after the loss to follow-up for over one year is considered an initial visit.
Payment & Insurance information
We accept Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Oxford, and Cigna only for acupuncture treatment.
Non-insured patient fees are as follows:
$500.00 – Virtual consults
$495.00 – Initial visit (including acupuncture visit)
$495.00 – First follow-up visit after the initial visit.
$495.00 – After the absence of follow-up for over one-year.
$220.00 – Follow-up visits after the first follow-up visit.
$120.00 – Each acupuncture session
Health is not only the absence of disease, it’s also the ability to perform and function optimally.
Naturopathic and Functional medicine consultations are not covered by health insurance plans
Our fees for naturopathic and functional visits are as follows:
$495.00 – Initial visit
$495.00 – First follow-up
$220.00 for return office visits (Follow up visits every 3 months after the initial visit for the first year, two times a year thereafter)
Before your follow-up visit, e-mails are welcomed, if needed, for clarification purposes of the health plan. They will be answered free of charge as long as they do not require more than 10 minutes to reply.
Who needs Acupuncture and who needs Naturopathic / Functional Medicine?
All new patients, regardless of diagnosis, are seen as an initial visit.
After the initial visit, Dr. Geo determines if acupuncture will help you reach your health goals or have you come back for a naturopathic/functional medicine follow-up.
Here’s a guideline to help you learn who benefits from what modality:
Acupuncture: pelvic pain (interstitial cystitis, prostatitis, prostadynia, testicular pain, penis pain), migraines, back pain, arthritic pain, sports-related injuries, hot flashes in men during hormone therapy for prostate cancer, premature ejaculation, and erectile dysfunction (ED).
Naturopathic/functional medicine: prostate cancer, bladder cancer, kidney cancer, chronic prostatitis & interstitial cystitis (in addition to acupuncture).
A Note from Dr. Geo…
Thank you for reading this far. You clearly are looking for answers to improve your health.
Please understand the method of medicine I practice before scheduling an appointment.
My goal is to help you regain and rebuild your health with targeted holistic methods. I am not adverse to pharmaceuticals or conventional therapies and find them necessary at times. But I’m focused on identifying and treating the cause of your bodies dysfunction, not just mask symptoms – this is why the first two consults take up to 3-hours.
The way I practice and my philosophy on true healthcare is not for everybody.
Here’s my philosophy in practicing medicine and on healthcare:
- Partner with patients in identifying and treating the cause of their disease, not just mask symptoms.
- Listening carefully to the patient, a thorough physical exam and the right labs ordered, in that order, is the best method of learning the cause of the health problem.
- All organ systems are connected in a web-like network, and disease of one organ system is often associated with another.
- Botanicals, nutrition, and holistic methods are powerful tools in healing chronic disease and promote optimal human functioning.
- Pharmaceutical drugs and medical procedures are necessary and suggested in specific circumstances.
- Determine and address the patient’s individual and genetic needs.
- The clinical approach combines knowledge of the scientific research, knowledge of the basic sciences, and clinical experience.
If this approach makes sense to you, I welcome the privilege of being your doctor.
How can schedule an appointment with Dr. Geo?
NEW YORK OFFICE:
222 East 41st Street. Between 2nd and 3rd Avenue, 11th floor.
Email Erica and she will schedule and inform you of everything you need to bring to your visit.
- Phone: 646.490.0536
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (the best method of making an appointment)
STAMFORD, CT OFFICE:
1011 High Ridge Road