7 Easy Do’s & Don’ts to Having a Happy Thanksgiving
2. Don’t be sedentary and watch football games all day. Do go play football or something. Work up a sweat. Go to the gym and get in a workout for 30 to 60 minutes at least three out of the four days this Thanksgiving weekend.
3. Don’t go into the event, dinner, party, bash (or wherever you plan to go this long-weekend) with an empty stomach. You go in hungry, and you will overeat. You know it’s true. Do eat a good meal before you leave. It doesn’t have to be fancy. It can be a protein smoothie, leftovers, or simply a snack like Mary’s Gone Crackers with hummus or avocado.
4. Don’t be afraid to eat some pumpkin pie! It’s delicious. Do mind #1.
5. Don’t take your family and friends for granted as you share time with each other. Not to be somber here, but we just never know when is the next time you will be with each other. Do be grateful for all you have. Sometimes we focus way too much on what we don’t have.
6. Don’t forget to take your dietary supplements – especially if you plan to “fall off the horse” a little. The right supplement regimen can be protective and offset most dietary diversion. Do take them and stay on track.
7. Don’t get sucked into family drama. We all have a little of that. Rise above it, for the sake of your stress. Do have fun and laugh a lot with those you love. And, be thankful that they are in your life.
From my family and the whole DrGeo.com team –