5 tips to stay healthy during the 4th of July Holiday
1. Don’t grill any animal products. This includes chicken and fish. I know we associate 4th of July holiday weekend with grilling burgers and drinking beer but let’s be real here, it’s not worth eating carcinogens. Grilling vegetables are permissible and not carcinogenic. Try grilling portabella mushrooms. They are meaty in texture and taste really, really good. HERE’s a good recipe.
2. Go easy on the booze. It’s not worth it to over drink alcohol. The World Cancer Research Fund suggest’ alcohol is a pro-carcinogen. Ok, 1 or 2 beers, if you must, is fine. More beers than 2 and you are pushing it.
3. Don’t forget to exercise. It should be part of the holiday weekend fun. If it’s not, do it anyway. It’s good for you and we sometimes have to do things we don’t like.
4. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water. It’s hot out there and you can easily dehydrate. You know if you are drinking enough water if your urine is clear. The darker yellow the urine the more dehydrated you are.
5. Enjoy the company with those you love. And that’s what the holidays are all about.
Wishing all my friends who read this blog a very Happy 4th of July Weekend!